(Downloadable) TDY Event General Information Package 2018
-Updated Routes: 12/01/17
- Houston To New Orleans: TdY2016 Route Planner
- Tour de Youth 2016- Day_1 H… | Strava Route Cue Sheet
- Tour de Youth 2016- Day_2 B… | Strava Route Cue Sheet
- Tour de Youth 2016- Day_3 S… | Strava Route Cue Sheet
- Tour de Youth 2016- Day_4 L… | Strava Route Cue Sheet
- Tour de Youth 2016- Day_5 M… | Strava Route Cue Sheet
- Tour de Youth 2016- Day_6 G… | Strava Route Cue Sheet
- (533 miles) (Route is subject to change)
- Downloadable GPS Files
- TdY2017-BaseCamp route map
- NEW: Tour de Youth 2018 Route –Houston to New Orleans
-Moderate Route: Flats with possible strong headwinds
-Cyclist Skill level: well conditioned.
-Dates: April 8th – April 13th, 2018
-Transportation will be provided back to Houston after the event if needed. (This is subject to change)
-Cyclists will also need to supply a workout log from Strava, MapMyRide, Garmin, etc. The records are being requested, to assure all cyclists are ready for the Tour and have trained rigorously.
-Pace 16-20 mph
– Ride on shoulders and road
-Abandon option: If a cyclist needs to abandon the tour, they will be placed in the support vehicle until the end of the Tour.
–Road bikes are required. No Mountain bikes, motorcycles, or scooters will be allowed. (Motorcycle escort excluded)
-Cyclists will need to have their bikes inspected and have a maintenance check before beginning the Tour.
-It is STRONGLY recommended that all cyclists have spare wheels just in case of damage along the road. The Tour organizer will have extra inner tubes for riders.
-We will be providing support during the tour for basic bike needs. If your bike is a specialized one, we will not be offering support or parts. Please have extra parts for your bike.
-There will be support vehicles traveling with the peloton so there will be no need for cyclists to carry bike tools and spare inner tubes.
-It is STRONGLY recommended that you do not use Aero bar.